Today, I am starting a 10 post series on how to get the most out of your wedding photography. Lots of goodies for you!! Tune in each Saturday for a new tip.
#10 Have an Engagement Session
Yes, it may add a bit of an expense to your wedding budget, but I promise it is totally worth it. In fact, I believe in this so strongly, that I offer a complimentary engagement session with each of my wedding collections. Reasons to have an engagement session…
1. It gives you time to get comfortable in front of the camera. After your engagement session, you will feel like a superstar which will translate into good mojo on the wedding day–you’ll already be a pro.
2. It gives your man a chance to realize that having photographs taken won’t be as bad as he expects. The idea for the engagement session should be almost like you are on a date with me tagging along (somewhat invisibly). With the two of you getting all lovey dovey, he should drop his guard before too long, and he will anticipate the wedding day being the same.
3. You get to spend a couple of hours with me. Do I need to say more? Just kidding. 🙂 After a couple of hours, you will feel super comfy with me which will make the wedding day way less awkward when you’re standing around in your undies. 😉
4. I can use the photos for your wedding website. Yes, a wedding website just for you! Engagement sessions let me personalize the websites for you so you can share them with your guests to give them a place to stalk for wedding photos.
5. It allows you to experiment with poses, makeup, and hair, to see what you prefer.
6. You will have photos to use for engagement announcements, save the dates, and all sorts of other goodies.
7. Have wonderful momentos that will let your future kiddos see you as you look normally–think of the old photos of your parents in their period clothing with the hairdos and the makeup.